My main backpack is an Osprey Farpoint 40*. Since it’s carry-on size I can really recommend it. Still it seems to me that there is a lot of space, more than in my old backpack that had the same size. The advantage of traveling with carry-on only is that you have 100% control over your stuff. The risk with checked luggage is high that…
- the backpack gets damaged.
- the backpack gets lost.
- you have to wait for a long time at the luggage belt.
My old backpack for example got stuck in the luggage belt at the airport in Tel Aviv and a security guy simply cut it free. So: If possible I fly with carry-on only!
This is what I have in my backpack here in the Dominican Republic:
- Zipp-Off Pants Jack Wolfskin* for hiking trips
- one pair of jeans
- two pairs of long pants
- my PROUD NOMAD sweater
- for pairs of shorts
- nine t-shirts (two of those are PROUD NOMAD)
- four short dresses
- four short jumpsuits (practical and super comfy!)
- a thin scarf
- two bikinis
- flip flops
- three pairs of socks
- underwear for ten days
- sneaker by Adidas
- PROUD NOMAD basecap
- tooth brush & paste
- hair brush
- small deodorant
- Nivea Soft
- a pair of tweezers
- 100ml bottle for carry-on of shampoo, conditioner and after sun
- repellent (which I normally buy on site)
- a beach towel
- a hot-water bag
Equipment / Gear
- Kindle* + charger
- MacBook* + charger
- iPhone SE* + charger
- Bose QuietComfort35* – Noise Cancelling Kopfhörer + charger
- DSLR: Canon EOS Rebel T5* + charger + 3 batteries
- Tele-Objektiv 55-250mm*
- GoPro Hero4 Silver* + charger + 3 batteries
- GoPro Selfie-Stick
- multi socket
Money and Documents
- vaccination certificate
- two credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
- certificate for my international health insurance
- my international press card
- international driving license
Did you like this blog post?
Share it in your social networks!
Subscribe to my newsletter so I can keep you posted about my life of travels and as a digital nomad! You will never miss a new blog post, a new ebook or where my next adventure is going to bring us. Because it’s never going to be boring!