Finally I made it! People often ask me: What is in your backpack?
Now I put a new video on youtube, in which I explain what I am having with me when I am on the road and how I pack.
My main backpack is an Osprey Farpoint 40*. Since it’s carry-on size I can really recommend it. Still it seems to me that there is a lot of space, more than in my old backpack that had the same size. The advantage of traveling with carry-on only is that you have 100% control over your stuff. The risk with checked luggage is high that…
- the backpack gets damaged.
- the backpack gets lost.
- you have to wait for a long time at the luggage belt.
My old backpack for example got stuck in the luggage belt at the airport in Tel Aviv and a security guy simply cut it free. So: If possible I fly with carry-on only!
This is what I have in my backpack here in the Dominican Republic:
- Zipp-Off Pants Jack Wolfskin* for hiking trips
- one pair of jeans
- two pairs of long pants
- my PROUD NOMAD sweater
- for pairs of shorts
- nine t-shirts (two of those are PROUD NOMAD)
- four short dresses
- four short jumpsuits (practical and super comfy!)
- a thin scarf
- two bikinis
- flip flops
- three pairs of socks
- underwear for ten days
- sneaker by Adidas
- PROUD NOMAD basecap
- tooth brush & paste
- hair brush
- small deodorant
- Nivea Soft
- a pair of tweezers
- 100ml bottle for carry-on of shampoo, conditioner and after sun
- repellent (which I normally buy on site)
- a beach towel
- a hot-water bag
In my second backpack, which is a bit smaller, I have my equipment. This backpack* is designed for cameras. That means that the lower part has a padded partition for my DSLR and my two lenses.
Equipment / Gear
- Kindle* + charger
- MacBook* + charger
- iPhone SE* + charger
- Bose QuietComfort35* – Noise Cancelling Kopfhörer + charger
- DSLR: Canon EOS Rebel T5* + charger + 3 batteries
- Tele-Objektiv 55-250mm*
- GoPro Hero4 Silver* + charger + 3 batteries
- GoPro Selfie-Stick
- multi socket
Money and Documents
- vaccination certificate
- two credit cards (VISA & Mastercard)
- certificate for my international health insurance
- my international press card
- international driving license
And if you now want to see how I put all this in two carry-on backpacks, check out my packing video!
PS: The links tagged with an asterisk (*) are affiliate links. That means that if you buy somehthng you are supporting me with a little percentage that Amazon pays me, but you will not pay more!
Subscribe to my newsletter so I can keep you posted about my life of travels and as a digital nomad! You will never miss a new blog post, a new ebook or where my next adventure is going to bring us. Because it’s never going to be boring!
Travel more for less money!
You need to be rich to travel the world? Nope!
Traveling on a Low Budget is a guide for low budget travelers. You will learn about all my tips and tricks to save money and spend less…
- to get around
- to stay somewhere
- to eat
- to do sightseeing
I traveled once around the world with around 9,000 Dollars. You can do it, too, if you follow my advice! Plan your trip better and be prepared to what is waiting for you.